Cinnamon Apple Pie
View in original language
- Maizena Biscuit | 200 g
- unsalted butter | 100 g
- Salt | 1/2 teaspoon
- Demerara sugar | 40 g
- Cinnamon powder | 1 tablespoon
- Gala apple | 6 unit(s)
- Lemon juice | 1/4 cup
- Condensed milk | 1 can(s)
- Sour cream | 500 g
- Gem | 3 unit(s)
- Cinnamon powder (for finishing) | to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the butter over low heat and let it melt until it becomes liquid and boils. The goal is for it to heat up until it starts to appear small brown spots and releases an almondy aroma. Keep an eye on it, as soon as the stitches start to appear, turn off the heat and be careful not to burn it.
- Grind the cornstarch biscuit in the food processor until it becomes a fine flour, add the butter and ½ teaspoon of salt. Beat again until it looks like "wet sand"
- Forre a round shape with a removable bottom (27 cm) with this mixture and part with a spoon so that it is very compact. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes while preheating the oven to 180°. Then bake the dough for 10 minutes. Reserve
- For the first part of the filling, cut the apples into 4 parts, discard the core. Grind them in a food processor together with the sugar and cinnamon until they turn into small pieces - be careful not to turn them into a paste
- Place the apple in a pan, add the lemon juice and cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes. Let it cool down and spread the mixture over the dough and take it to the fridge for at least 1 hour or until it freezes completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the second part of the filling. In a pan, mix the condensed milk, the cream and 3 sifted egg yolks and bring to a low heat. With a crusty bread, stir constantly until it starts to bubble. Watch out! Cook over low heat and stir constantly, otherwise the mixture will clump together.
- Cover the cream with PVC (touching the surface of the cream, otherwise it will create a film) and let it cool for about 1 hour
- Once the apple and cinnamon filling, pour the cream over the pie and refrigerate for 3 hours or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Once the cinnamon apple filling is firm, pour the cream over the pie and refrigerate for 3 hours or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Finally, sprinkle the pie with cinnamon and serve chilled.
Did you like this recipe?