Carrot cake with chocolate syrup
View in original language
- Large carrots | 2 unit(s)
- Water | 1 cup
- Sugar | 2 cup
- Soybean oil | 1 cup
- Eggs | 3 unit(s)
- Wheat flour | 3 cup
- Baking powder | 1 tablespoon
- Dark chocolate | 200 g
- Condensed milk | 395 g
- Sour cream | 200 g
- unsalted butter | 30 g
- Cut the carrots into very thin slices or grate them using the large grater.
- In a blender, beat the carrots, water, oil, sugar and eggs until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the sifted wheat flour little by little, so that it doesn't clump and doesn't taste like dry flour. Finish by adding the yeast.
- Take it to the oven at medium temperature in a rectangular refractory of 40 cm x 27 cm x 2 cm or a 27 cm hole shape, greased with parchment paper or in the traditional way, for 45 minutes or until the correct point, which is when you skewer with a fork and leave none of the dough on it.
- For the topping, cut or grate the chocolate bar and place over low heat with the cream, stirring slowly until it forms a ganache. Add the condensed milk and stir until the cream is smooth, shiny and homogeneous.
- Finish with the butter and once cool, serve with the cake.
Did you like this recipe?