Birthday cake better than bought
View in original language
- Eggs at room temperature | 6 unit(s)
- Sugar | 300 g
- Sunflower/maize/canola/soybean oil | 240 g
- Wheat flour with yeast | 300 g
- Vanilla essence | 1 tablespoon
- Fresh cream (whipped cream) | 400 g
- Ganache (recipe from me in another post) | to taste
- Strawberries; blueberries; Roasted and chopped almonds | to taste
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the eggs with the sugar and start beating.
- It began to change color; add the essence and continue beating; always non-stop
- When the cream gets higher, start to incorporate the oil in the form of a thread; very slowly and always beating until completing about 20 minutes
- With the cream well aerated and whitish; remove from the base of the mixer and with a foue (hand beater) incorporate the flour already combed 3 times. And in each addition mix with delicate movements from bottom to top; until well incorporated; without lowering the milkshake and without getting lumps.
- Have a 20 cm diameter x 10cl high mold ready with a removable base. Enmantecada (or with release agent). I also recommend buttering the bottom and pasting greased parchment paper.
Pour the cream.
Bake in a preheated oven at least 160° for at least 1h (mine was 1h and 10’)
Test the toothpick at 50'
- When ready; remove and let cool to unmold.
Of wanting to make a chocolate version; remove 20% of the flour and add 20% of bitter cacao (combine with the flour when using)
- Cut the cake (in 2 or 3 layers).
Moisten with ron or sugar syrup and fill with chocolate ganache (it's in my recipes). Put pieces of strawberries and chopped almonds (or whatever you like)
And cover with a whipped cream decorating with Strawberries or red berries of your choice.
Cheer up and do; guests and family will think it was bought 😍
Did you like this recipe?