Best papaya candy 😋
View in original language
- Green papaya cut into cubes or grated | 500 g
- Sugar | 1 kg
- Water | 1 l
- Cinnamon stick | 3 unit(s)
- Fresh grated coconut | 1 unit(s)
- Baking powder or bicarbonate | 1 tablespoon
- Preparation mode
In a bowl add the diced papayas.
cover with water and add the baking powder.
Let it rest for 3 hours.
Then drain the water and wash the papayas.
- In a large pot, add the papayas, sugar, cinnamon, shredded coconut and water.
On low heat, cook for approximately 2 hours.
always taking a peek and stirring so it doesn't burn the bottom.
When the candy is coming off the pan and thick.
Let it cool and that's it 😘
Did you like this recipe?